2011 Conference Topic Announced
The 24th Annual Camden Conference: The Challenges of Asia will take place February 18- 20, 2011. The Camden Conference Board of Directors wishes share with its friends and members this brief overview of next year’s conference. While the general theme has been chosen, this working title and program details are in early stages of development by the Program Committee and will surely evolve before reaching its final form. Please visit our website often to monitor our progress.
Topics likely to be covered include:
- Single Country Assessments of China, India, and Japan
- Economic Overview of Asia and Economic/Trade Relations with the U.S.
- Energy and Resource Competition Across Asia
- Military and Geo-Strategic Overview of Asia in relation to U.S. Role, Responses, and Military Presence in the Region
- New Technologies, “Green” Jobs and Production, Environmental Issues
- How should the U.S. Respond to the Many Challenges of a Rising Asia?
- What changes may be required of us and our systems?
- Attention will be given to Social, Cultural, Artistic, and Religious Aspects, and the Traditional Values of the many Peoples of Asia
Please address queries or suggestions to Jim Matlack, Chairman of the Program Committee at email@example.com